The Departments of Health and Justice have published the Year 5 Action Plan for implementing the Stopping Domestic and Sexual Violence and Abuse Strategy.
The plan includes –
- Introducing multi-agency domestic homicide reviews;
- Progressing priority areas for the implementation of the Gillen Review;
- Working with the Department of Education to pilot a scheme to notify schools of domestic abuse incidents, based on the principles of Operation Encompass;
- Working with the Department for Infrastructure to examine the introduction of free public transport for those going to refuge or emergency accommodation as a result of domestic abuse;
- Working with the Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs about domestic abuse in rural settings and;
- Considering how to further develop the Department for Communities’ Sanctuary Scheme to enable victims to remain as safe as possible in their own homes.
The full action plan is available here