The Prevention and Support Group works to raise awareness and consider areas of prevention, early intervention and support for victims and children.
For example they:
- encourage agencies and organisation to adopt domestic abuse workplace policies for their employees
- consider ways of working with schools and the the education sector to promote preventative education programmes and awareness for staff, children and young people
- consider services for people from a minority ethnic background and other hard to reach groups
- consider innovative methods of engaging and working with local communities to raise awareness and support for adults and children
- consider ideas and methods for improving communication across services.